Munger, Tolles & Olson has extensive experience with the structuring and taxation aspects of a broad range of complex transactions.
- Intel Corporation’s $9 billion sale of its NAND flash memory solid state drive and wafer businesses to SK Hynix, a South Korean semiconductor manufacturer.
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s sale of its wireless telecommunications business to SBA Communications, for approximately $973mm in initial proceeds.
- Berkshire Hathaway’s M&A and bespoke investment matters, including investments in Occidental Petroleum, Snowflake Inc., Nubank and E.W. Scripps.
- Credit Karma’s owner/founder in connection with Credit Karma’s $8.1 billion sale to Intuit.
- Pope Resources in its sale to Rayonier, a publicly traded REIT, for $564 million.
- BDT Capital in connection with its joint venture investments in Pret Panera, Keurig Dr. Pepper and Peet’s Coffee.
Munger, Tolles & Olson’s unique compensation practice focuses on representing founders, C-suite executives, management teams and investment fund managers in employment and cash and equity compensation arrangements relating to public and private companies as well as private equity and hedge funds.